I just completed CS 498: Applied Machine Learning and I loved every bit of it. We covered both supervised and unsupervised learning and even got into deep learning at the end.
This was the most challenging course I have taken since my senior design project in Senior year of college. I spent on average about 10-12 hours on each assignment (some much longer).
The 10 assignments in 16 weeks included:
- Classification w/Naive Bayes
- Classification w/SVM
- Smoothing Noise w/PCA
- More PCA
- Classifying w/Variable Length Inputs
- Outlier Detection
- Text bag-of-words Search and classification
- Classification with Artificial Neural Networks
- Variational Autoencoders
- Deep Neural Networks (Take-home Final)
The syllabus can be found at https://courses.engr.illinois.edu/cs498aml/sp2019/
My coursework can be found at https://gitlab.com/aaronblythe/applied_machine_learning
All homeworks received 100% marks.